Welcome to Thinking About the Common Core Standards! We are so glad you found this website and hope it will answer some of the questions you might have about the Common Core Standards and their place in the school library media center.
Below we have provided a quick overview of the different pages within the website. If you have any suggestions about resources or would like further information please feel free to contact us via e-mail or by leaving a comment in one of the comment boxes located at the bottom of each page.
- Introduction: What are the Common Core Standards? Who created them? How will they impact my school or library?
- Test Your Knowledge: Take our true or false quiz to assess your knowledge of what the Common Core standards are and how they will impact your students.
- Pros and Cons: There is an ongoing debate regarding the need for national standards in education. Read about the key points on each side and begin to determine your own opinion.
- Common Core Standards and the School Library Media Center: Check out our strategies for implementing the Common Core Standards in your school library media center.
- Interactive Posters: Take a look at our interactive posters designed using Glogster for additional information about the Common Core Standards.
- About: Find out more about how we selected the materials on this website and how to contact us for more information.